error installing kmymoney2 on amd64 system running freebsd 6.3

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 19 18:55:24 PDT 2008

> Dino Vliet wrote:
>

> Hi Greg
>

> Here the tow output file pkg_info_output.txt and the Makefile
> as attachments because otherwise this messsage would be too
> large (I know that the freebsd mailinglist will not let my
> message through)
>
> Brgds
> Dino

Hi Dino,

Can you check in the work/kmymoney2-0.8.9/doc/en directory to see if
there is a file named errorlog or some other files with a ".log"
extension after you receive the make error?  If so, please send those as
well or post them somewhere for viewing.

It looks like the finance/kmymoney2 port Makefile needs additional work
to include dependencies on the tools that generate the PDF documentation
(pdfjadetex and others).  I didn't have those tools originally, and the
PDF documentation generation was disabled.

I installed the required tools manually, and I now get an error during
PDF generation, although it's different than what you reported.  The
other thing that might be helpful is if you can change directory into
work/kmymoney2-0.8.9/doc/en, type "make -d a" and capture the output.
That will show extra debugging information from make as it processes its
targets.

By the way, if you don't care about the PDF documentation, you can
temporarily change the port Makefile line that reads:

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --enable-ofxplugin --enable-ofxbanking --enable-pdf-docs

to:

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --enable-ofxplugin --enable-ofxbanking

I'm likely going to make that switch dependent on the NOPORTDOCS knob as
well.

Regards,
Greg
- --