Problem with www/mod_cband

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 17 11:39:05 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 08:31:29PM +0200, Mel wrote:
> On Friday 17 October 2008 19:53:59 Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
>
> > Regarding alternatives: there aren't.  Bandwidth limiting is a
> > long-standing feature of Apache that's missing, which is a huge
> > disappointment.
>
> Never used it, but www/mod_bw is not a real world alternative?

http://www.ivn.cl/apache/files/txt/mod_bw-0.8.txt

I believe the problem I ran into with this module was that it would
only work with static content, and not with interpreted languages
(such as PHP) or other things.  I know there's a directive in the
module to tell it what output types it supports, but I don't think it
worked quite right.

I'd have to go back and try it.