[Fwd: Suhosin Segmentation Fault]

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 15 13:54:04 PDT 2008

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> You are supposed to use one or the other: the patch, or the extension.

Nope, they can be used alone or mixed together (I use both on my
servers). For a detailed explanation see:
http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/why.html

> I'm CC'ing ale@ on this thread, because he's probably not on -questions,
> and this has now become a -ports thing.  He can comment on what to do
> about these crashes.

Compile PHP in debug and post a backtrace. The suhosin author is a
FreeBSD committer, so he can surely help solving the problem.

> I'm of the opinion that security/php-suhosin should be nuked, especially
> if the patch works fine for everyone but the extension causes problems.

See above.

>> If I disable all other extensions and load only suhosin.so in
>> /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini the apache processes are still crashing.

Apache version?

--
Alex Dupre