FreeBSD 7 and ESXi

scuba at centroin.com.br scuba at centroin.com.br
Mon Oct 13 20:54:14 PDT 2008

Hi all,

	I'm facing some problems trying to install a FreeBSD
7.0-RELEASE-amd64, on a Dell PE 2950III, dual Xeon Quad core, 8GB RAM.
	After (FBSD) boot menu count down, it shows a dump of the CPU
registers and a message: BTX Halted. No matter what is changed in VM
setup.
	It does not happen with i386 version.
	Which is the best release to install in this box? Should I go
ahead with i386?

Thank you,

- Marcelo