Multiple NICs routing question

Konrad Heuer kheuer2 at gwdg.de
Thu Oct 9 11:26:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've a server box with four NICs addressing different subnets:

NIC1:	one class c subnet of same class b network
NIC2:	another class c subnet of same class b network
NIC3:	local unrouted network
NIC4:	local unrouted network

In the current configuration I use a default gateway (and no routing
daemon) in the subnet addressed by NIC1. Now of course, if a client in an
arbitrary different class c subnet contacts the server using the ip
address of NIC2, it gets a reply from NIC1.

How can I cange this? I'd like the server to answer via the interface the
client uses when connecting.

Maybe that's a silly question, but thanks for any reply!

Best regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2 at gwdg.de