Strange Core Dump Error Message on a FreeBSD6.3 System

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Oct 7 21:15:25 UTC 2008

	I am running some C code I wrote on a couple of
FreeBSD6.3 systems, one of which has never exhibited this
message and the other has now done it twice in about 6 months.
The error is as follows:

mem.c:877: INSIST(ctx->stats[i].gets == 0U) failed.
Abort trap (core dumped)

	Something obviously is wrong regarding memory allocation
but why this one system?

	Is there anything I can look for in netstat -m that
might help me solve the puzzle?

Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer