Can't get in-kernel IPFW NAT (libalias) to work

n j nino80 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:48:38 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I resolved my earlier problem ("ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid
argument" when trying "ipfw add nat") by upgrading to 7.1-BETA which
includes ipfw_nat as a kernel module; however, it still doesn't seem
to work.

When I'm directly ping'ing another box, I can see packets arriving at
the destination, so the forwarding part (routes) works fine. However,
when I add an ipfw rule to send these packets to the nat instance, the
packets disappear instead of arriving nat'ted to the same destination.

Did anyone have any success in getting the in-kernel (libalias) ipfw
nat to work? I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,
--
Nino