Canon Pixma iP4500 - problem with colours

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 11:14:44 UTC 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008, WATANABE Kazuhiro wrote:

> I've used Canon MP810 with CUPS and "IJ Printer Driver" for Linux
> (supplied by Canon) on FreeBSD.
>
> Canon doesn't supply the printer driver for MP810, but I've been able
> to use the printer with the driver for MP610.  These printer specs
> are very similar.
>
> I don't use the printer from FreeBSD so many time, but printing an
> web page from firefox and the "Print Test Page" from
> http://localhost:631/ are fine.  That color print has no defferences
> between the Windows's one.
>

> So you will be able to use Canon iP4500 (and MP610/MP520/iP3500) with
> the procedure below [1].

[snip]

Thanks very much for this clearly detailed explanation of how to install
the linux driver. This looks very promising and I'll certainly give it
a try. I may have to put this task to one side while I deal with some
other jobs but I've downloaded the files and filed your email for
reference - I'll report back when I've tried it.

--
Mike Clarke