Mysqldump password issue

Ivailo Tanusheff i.tanusheff at procreditbank.bg
Fri Oct 3 08:56:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I suspect your password contains some illegal character for the comand
line syntax. Change the password to 123 for example and test it with:
mysqldump -u user -p123 --all-databases > backup.sql
I suspect it will work OK, so you have to do one of the:
 - change password for something that does not contain any illegal in the
meaning of shell scripting characters;
 - use quota on password line, i.e. mysqldump -u user -p'passwd'
--all-databases > backup.sql

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff
Deputy Head of IT Department
ProCredit Bank (Bulgaria) AD

Andrei Brezan <andrei693 at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
02.10.2008 20:49

questions at freebsd.org
cc

Subject
Mysqldump password issue

Hello list,

I wanna do a
mysqldump -u user -ppasswd --all-databases > backup.sql

and all I get is
mysqldump: No match.

This happens either i put --all-databases or I specify any of the
databases. I want to do a backup as user root, that's why I use
all-databases opt.

If I use the command:
mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases >backup.sql
I get the password prompt, I type the passwd and everythig works great.
It seems that there is a problem with -p, i've tried --password with
same result.

If anyone has any ideea please let me know about it.
I mention that i use Freebsd 7_0 and mysql 5.0.67

Thank you

--
Andrei Brezan
310280 Arad - Romania