Mysqldump password issue

Andrei Brezan andrei693 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:44:52 UTC 2008

Hello list,

I wanna do a
mysqldump -u user -ppasswd --all-databases > backup.sql

and all I get is
mysqldump: No match.

This happens either i put --all-databases or I specify any of the
databases. I want to do a backup as user root, that's why I use
all-databases opt.

If I use the command:
mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases >backup.sql
I get the password prompt, I type the passwd and everythig works great.
It seems that there is a problem with -p, i've tried --password with
same result.

If anyone has any ideea please let me know about it.
I mention that i use Freebsd 7_0 and mysql 5.0.67

Thank you

--
Andrei Brezan
310280 Arad - Romania