Updating and Ports

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Wed Oct 1 20:15:29 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have heard people chattering occasionally about /etc/make.conf.

In a few days, I will be updating from 6.2, and 6.3, to RELENGE_6_3 and am
curious how I can use / modufy /etc/make.conf so that I dont need to install
all my ports again.

Which leads to the question: I just installed /usr/ports/archivers/unzip
onto all the servers, when I update to RELENG_6_3, will I need to reinstall
them all over again? Which leads back to the original question, can I modify
/etc/make.conf so that all ports currenly install are re installed?

-Grant