Setting up gmirror

Nejc S(koberne nejc at skoberne.net
Wed Oct 1 13:31:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

> I swear by gmirror, I had very good experience with it and will use it in the future
> again. I just need to find some time to attach the two identical HDD's to my via c7 system.

Actually, you don't need two identical HDD to make a gmirror. It's just important, that
the one, you add to the already created array, is not smaller. Some would also argue that
having two identical drives makes the array more prone, since they may fail "identically".
This also happened to me once, and I lost data.

Bye,
Nejc