Optimal File System config for 2.5TB RAID5

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Wed Oct 1 09:21:20 UTC 2008

> | | the simple answer is that software RAID on todays computers vastly |
> outperforms ANY hardware raid solution, maybe except the ones for 10000$ | or
> more.
>
> You're basically correct, but I think you're overestimating the price of
> a good RAID controller.

no. please give me example of any RAID hardware below 10000$ that WILL be
faster than properly configure software RAID solution under FreeBSD with
same amount of same disks.

i mean faster under normal unix-like load, which is lots of parallel
accesses to same or different things, not simple tests.

there are NONE.