Problem about ppp -nat

Pongthep Kulkrisada ptkrisada at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:31:06 PST 2008

Hi all,

> I didn't touch /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, which has been working for 5 years
> since FBSD5.0R. Even if I go back to GENERIC kernel. I could not dial out
> to ISP in any ways. I didn't know what I do wrong even if
> I did read many docs.
I tried exactly what being described in the handbook. But all failed, I still can't dial ISP. I think that posting /etc/ppp/ppp.conf may be useful for your diagnostic. Note that this file has been used for long time and never changed. But I've just reminded that ppp is changed from version to version. My ppp.conf may not suit the current version. I don't know.

# cat /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 ident user-ppp VERSION (built COMPILATIONDATE)

 set device /dev/cuad0
 set ctsrts off         # enables software flow control
 set accmap 000a0000    # comments out these 2 lines for hardware flow control

 set speed 115200
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \
        \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 180 CONNECT"
 set redial 3 20
 enable dns             # request DNS info (for resolv.conf)

isp:
 set phone 0123456789
 set authname mylogin at myisp.com
 set authkey mypassword
 set timeout 0
 add! default HISADDR   # Add a (sticky) default route
 set openmode active
 accept pap
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 add 0 0 HISADDR

Thank you.
Pongthep