freebsd-update

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 04:46:53 PST 2008

I've also got some problem with freebsd-update, under 7.0. I installed them
to update to 7.0-RELEASE-p6 and when I fetch them again I get the following:

[root at headless /home/wildchild]# freebsd-update fetch
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 7.0-RELEASE from update1.FreeBSD.org...
done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

The following files will be updated as part of updating to 7.0-RELEASE-p6:
/boot/kernel/linker.hints

If I install and fetch them over and over again, this file will always
appear as needing an update.

Gabriel