mysqld_multi missing after mysql50-server install

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:57:44 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Ott Köstner <OttK at zzz.ee> wrote:
> Valentin Bud wrote:
>
>>  And of course if there are other possibilities to run 2 mysqld
>> instances on one server
>> please let me know.
>>

> There is no limit, how many instances of mysqld you can run. Just
> specify different database directories and sockets for each instance.
> Something like that:
>
> $ mysqld --datadir=<your sql instance dada dir> --socket=/tmp/<your
> socket> ...

I get it. It's like making my own mysqld_multi. I can make multiple
/etc/my.cnf and
specify on the command line the default data dir, config file, etc and
it just works.
I will try it and get back with the results. I am thinking of making
rc.d files to start
the daemons at boot.

> There is no need to run mysqld as root (and better not do that). Just
> any regular user is OK for mysqld.

I am running mysql from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server and it runs
as user mysql.
Thanks anyway for the heads up :).

have a great day,