firewall rules for bitlord, yahoo, limewire

Fbsd1 fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com
Wed Nov 26 05:39:51 PST 2008

These applications have predefined ports they use to start up the
bi-directional packet conversation. But them unsolicited packeted come
in from other pc nodes to share data using a wide range of high port
numbers. IPFW, IPF, and PF don't seem to have a rule option to allow
packs in/out based on program name that started the conversation.

I thought i read in openbsd pf manual that pf state processing will
allow  applications like limewire to function normally by accepting the
inbound high number port to pass through the firewall.

I have inclusive firewall rule set which means only packets matching
the rules are passed through. The inbound hight port numbers are
blocked by design.

How do other firewall users code rules to allow limewire to work?