Installing gimp from ports, need a GTK+, what port is it

af300wsm at gmail.com af300wsm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 07:07:57 PST 2008

On Nov 23, 2008 8:38pm, Michael Johnson <ahze at freebsd.org> wrote:

> The version of gtk you have installed is too old. Upgrade to the latest
version of x11-toolkits/gtk2

> Michael

Interesting that the new google home page "plug-in (I guess)" for google
mail doesn't have a reply-to-all button for the second response, and
presumably further, to the original mail. So, I'm responding to both.

Thank you Michael, that's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know
that x11-toolkits/gtk2 is synonymous with GTK+. That was the piece I was
missing.

To RW, I didn't want to rebuild KDE yet so that's why I hadn't updated all
of the installed ports collection as yet. I think I agree with you. At
least, with what I'm going through right now, it would be much easier to
have updated the entire tree first.

Thanks again to both.

Andy