FreeBSD on a Mac Mini Intel?

Ian Jefferson ijeff at sandbox.ca
Fri Nov 21 21:12:14 PST 2008

Is anyone running FreeBSD on a Mac Mini Intel?

I've looked around for a definitive discussion on the topic but
couldn't find anything on this list or Google at least.

I'd like to replace a couple of relatively high power-consuming
servers with a couple of Mac Mini Intel's.  For my purposes they are
plenty good enough.  I'd prefer to stay with the 6.X release for now.

I've got a lot of Mac's around running OS X but in this case these
boxes would be headless and without keyboards.  An alternate serial
console would be nice if that can be rigged up via USB and a serial
converter.

IJ