FreeBSD and hardware??

twelcome at mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za twelcome at mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za
Thu Nov 20 09:21:47 PST 2008

(Forgive the top-posting)

Your assertion that "linux is both low end unix and low end windows replacement" is factually wrong: As a high end unix I think it's earned it's stripes, currently dominating the top 500 supercomputer systems in the world, some no other unix has managed to accomplish this time round. Notably, when compared to freebsd it offers support for virtualisation where bsd is nowhere close to doing, just one example of high end unix feature it provides. As a gui desktop, I'm certain kde is a superior interface to windows in many ways.