FBSD 7.1 & kern.maxdsiz

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Nov 18 16:01:13 PST 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:34:32 -0800, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
> The Urchin installation docs [...]
> contain a note for FreeBSD users waring of a "hard coded process datasiz
> limit of 500 MB" and instruct on to set "kern.maxdsiz="1073741824"" in
> /boot/loader.conf.  However FBSD 7.1 doesn't appear to have this
> sysctl.  How can I do the equivalent of this in FBSD 7.1?

Exactly, it is *not* a sysctl setting. It's a loader tunable, as
I learned from this list some time ago. Don't search to find
it in the sysctl list, you won't find it there. :-)

In FreeBSD 7 you should be able to set this setting using
the file /boot/loader.conf. I think I had this setting on a
FreeBSD 5 machine, I'll go and check.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany