realtime network replication

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 14:07:02 PST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Ok, I have /home on one server, I need to REPLICATE /home to another
> server
> in realtime. Kinda like a mirror, but over a network. I don't want
> to use
> rsync because its not realtime.

Yeah, your problem description is clear enough.  If you want true
redundancy and the data available from both machines, you're talking
about more of a clustered filesystem like Veritas CFS or maybe Andrew
FS / DFS from Transarc.

However, you might also find something like /usr/ports/net/unison a
reasonable alternative:

   http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

--
-Chuck