FreeBSD Media Center

Gary Hartl ghartl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 10:12:43 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: michael [mailto:michael.copeland at gmail.com]
Sent: November-18-08 11:30 AM
To: Gary Hartl
Subject: Re: FreeBSD Media Center

Gary Hartl wrote:
> Hi all;
>

> I have an old laptop (Dell Inspiron 7500), P3 550mhz, 256mb ram 20 gig
hdd.

> I am wondering what the validity of putting FBSD on it running VLC or
> something like that feeding to my tv.
>

> Anyone with any feedback on this.
>

> Or is there a FBSD Media Center project out either in alpha or beta?
>

> Thanks
>

> Gary

It will run. I'd put a bit more ram in, especially if the video card is
lacking. I assume it has svideo out? or are you feeding with vga out?

Yeah i'm going to be bumping it to 512mb which is the laptop max, I will be
running vga out coupling to dvi on the tv.
With a y audio cable from the sound card.