FreeBSD and hardware??

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Nov 18 08:12:20 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 02:18:13PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> >>usage or need.
> >
> >You seem to be reserving FBSD only for the experts. I wouldn't be here
>
> is someone that simply use unix an expert?
>
> no.
>

> >By constantly repeating that UNIX is no Windows replacement you are
>
> and i will repeat it because it's true. it's every other unix replacement.

Time to forget this.    It is a semantic and religious battle
playing hair splitting games with words.    It is not a MS clone
but it is an MS replacement.   If you overwrite your MS-Win with
FreeBSD, it completely replaces it.   It will do everything you need
except look like MS-Win and people who are trying to get out of MS-land
are happy to find that to be true.    Give them a hand rather than
a kick in the face.

////jerry