FreeBSD and hardware??

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Tue Nov 18 07:48:14 PST 2008

> I am one of the few UNIX administrators who prefers to use Windows (XP
> or 2K; cannot stand Vista) as a desktop/workstation operating system.

if you need really windows-like computing/desktop-environments/whatever is
called they RIGHT - windows is most windows like and it's good choice.

> bought it) trying to adapt over the years, and I cannot.  I'm not going

so you made the right decision.
but i think you use your windows through some NAT equipment/server when
logging to your unix servers, or your passwords will quickly be
compromissed ;)

> Comparatively: I have co-workers who love X and KDE, and hate Windows --

i don't like any of them, because i can't concentrate on the actual
work with them. but not "hate". hate in that context is nonsense.

> The only time I curse Windows is when CMD.EXE or command-line utilities

windows CMD is a joke. simply.