re changing from vista

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Sun Nov 16 13:53:46 PST 2008

> Still it goes, the OP is trying to get away from MS-Win, not find some
> non-MS clone

in EVERY such post i see exactly opposite. they want windoze clones!
they don't ask about how to learn unix, what to read, they didn't read
even basic manuals, or if so - just glanced.

actually - there is a market niche for true non-microsoft windoze clone!
it's strange noone try to fill it. it's millions of $ to earn!

something working like windoze, running windoze .exe/.dll binaries and
windows compatible installer but for example not requiring gig of RAM,
powerful CPU running 10 times faster (not difficult to achieve) etc...

i remember many years ago installing linux first time (linux was quite
good that time). i spent 2 months on it reading everything needed and
learning BEFORE asking questions on mailing lists! because i knew nothing
about unix at first.

I knew only DOS and windoze 95 before, DOS isn't an OS at all, but that
is adventage too. but i needed something that made full use of my 25Mhz
486.

Windoze definitely wasn't good in it. it just wasted hardware resources
giving nothing. that's why i tried to seek something different.
and found linux.. after some time NetBSD, then FreeBSD.

today - most of these wannabe-FreeBSD-users just don't want to pay for
windoze. nothing else!