Looking information about CF files of LPD

Garance A Drosehn gad at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 14 20:49:08 PST 2008

At 10:55 PM -0700 11/13/08, Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I have the idea of had seen the description of the content of
>CF files, but I can't find anymore in the handbook.
>
>That information had been removed?

There's some RFC for it, but pretty much nobody implements CF-files
in the exact way that is described in the RFC.  I doubt it was ever
described in any detail in the FreeBSD handbook, but it may have
been in some of the books which have been written for the BSD's.

You may have seen the comments I wrote up in one of the source files
for lpr (common_source/ctlinfo.c):

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/usr.sbin/lpr/common_source/ctlinfo.c?rev=1.10.16.1;content-type=text%2Fplain

Scan down for the comment:

   "Control-files (cf*) have the following format"

That's probably not complete, but it's whatever I felt was worth
noting when I wrote that source file.

Garance Alistair Drosehn     =               drosehn at rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad at FreeBSD.org