New AMD Processor:RM-72

Paul B. Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 05:47:05 PST 2008

On 11/14/08, weinter.lim <limguowei at gmail.com> wrote:

> weinter.lim wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have tried installing FreeBSD 7.1-BETA2 on my Laptop with a Relatively
>> new
>> Mobile Processor AMD X2 Turion RM-72 2.1GHZ 1MB L2 Cache
>> I find that the temperature during normal operation is very high 70
>> degress IDLE
>> When Compiling it hits 90 degress
>> All this is happening even with power_d enabled
>> Anyone else encountered similar issues with solution?
>>

> hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
> hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
> hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 0
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 69.0C (Changes to 90 degrees during
> compiling)
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
Does this one ever change?

> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 1
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 99.0C
This one is too much high, it make more sense if it is ~60.0C

If acpi is disabled, does system also get too hot?
Is fan working/operational?

> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 105.0C
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
This one looks bogus.

> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC1: 2
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC2: 3
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TSP: 40

After executing:
# hw.acpi.thermal.user_override=1
Try to modify hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.* values to something more usefull.

Also could you post output of:

% sysctl dev.cpu