Terminal vt220 to vt100

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Thu Nov 13 22:30:11 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008, Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I use vt220 to acces aPc with FreeBSD, but I need to telnet to a divice in my
>network that only acept vt100
>
>man telnet did not help.

Telnet does not know anything about terminal emulations, that is
controlled by your TERM environment variable and the program from
which you are running telnet (e.g. an xterm, putty, etc.).

Setting the environment variable TERM=vt100 after telnet'ing to
the remote system may work or perhaps using the command

TERM=vt100 telnet destination

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

I have never been molested by any person but those who represented the
state -- Thoreau