Any help about FreeBSD & Dell's Troubleshooting Tool DSET

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Nov 12 11:55:50 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 19:39 +0100, VeeJay wrote:
> Hi Brian
>
> Thanks. I sent the attachment but FreeBSD List would not allow me to

First order of business is to _not_ send it as a BMP.  Use PNG instead,
and post the URL and not the actual file:

http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/20081023_server3_screen_dump.png

---

Second order of business:

"Unexpected sense code" on a PD (Physical Disk) suggests that one of
your disks is bad / becoming bad.  Check the enclosure -- likely it is
flashing.

Install MegaCli from ports, if you can. You can always reboot and use
the BIOS menu to check the event log.

If its not a bad disk, then something bizarre is happening.   We'll want
to know what firmware revision you're running on the controller, and on
the disks (Dell disk firmware updates run from DOS)

~~BAS