Release schedules

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Wed Nov 12 07:19:58 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 01:01:47PM +0100, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:59:24PM +0200, Jonathan McKeown wrote:
> > I've been biting my tongue about this because I'm not sure that I can offer
> > any help or useful suggestions, but here goes...
> >
> > What on earth is going on with release scheduling?
>
> Two words: volunteer project
>
> I would propose to do away with the release schedule altogether, or make
> it very succinct;
>
>   next release: when it's done.

Actually, it's not so bad that the PRERELEASE phase is so long:
in this time, more bugs are being fixed that would have normally
been lingering in the pr database. Quality is much more important
than deadlines, IMHO; and those lenghty code freeze phases are a
blessing since they help stabilize the code base.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/