Server Freezing Solid

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Nov 12 02:40:39 PST 2008

I atually bought a small portable compressor (designed for running
a nailgun, basically) for this purpose.  $80 at Harbor Freight for
a new one, you can get them cheaper used.  The canned air is really
expensive, you end up using a half a can on a PC.

If you do the compressor, make sure you put a regulator on your
blow gun: 80-120 psi of air coming out of a blowgun is capabable of
blowing components off the circuit boards along with the dust.

The compressor is also very useful for blowing out the air
conditioner coils every year, as well as the refrigerator coils
on the refrigerator.  Doing just this will pay for the compressor
in a few years in energy savings.

Ted