root /etc/csh

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Mon Nov 10 13:53:01 PST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:46:57 +0100 (CET)
Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche at ua.ac.be> wrote:

> I could change the startup shell in /etc/passwd, but would that be a
> wise thing to do or not?

we use zsh, but have left the root shell the way it is. if something
goes wrong with zsh (or whatever), then it may be difficult to get in
as root, possibly.

besides, we can still become root with su -lm

l for "Simulate a full login ..."

and

m for "Leave the environment unmodified.  The invoked shell is your
login shell, and no directory changes are made ..."

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's