Console size and scrollback buffer.

James Williams james.williams1952 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 05:37:27 PST 2008

Hello List,

[On FreeBSD 7.1-BETA2, i386.]

1) How can I change the number of rowsxcols of the console? I'd like
to use the maximum rows/cols available for the 1440x900 screen.

2) How can these settings be made default (takes effect at boot)?

IOW, what is the equivalent of the "vga=0x365" Linux kernel option?

3) How I can set the scrollback buffer size (if that's the name) of
the console -- the equivalent of Shift+{PgUp,PgDn} on Linux?

I played around with vidcontrol but was not quite successful.

Thanks in advance.
-James.