Port Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for FreeBSD?

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 10:04:32 PST 2008

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 13:43:25 +1000
Da Rock <rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au> wrote:

>If you're up to it its ok, but you do have to wonder whether you really
>want cross contamination :), or even whether you want to support a
>company that stubbornly refuses to consider OSS as a system it will
>build it software for.

I would not necessarily blame the company. There are several programs
that I use on Windows, "Roboform" as one example. I have contacted the
company and was informed that producing a version that would work on
all versions of *nix was beyond the scope of what they could presently
do. In addition, they felt that since most OSS users do not want to pay
for software, there would be no way to recuperate their investment.

I have the full blown version of Photoshop and quite frankly I have not
seen anything from the OSS community that compares to it. The program
works and has a very finely designed interface. Gimp is fine for basic
things; however for more finely granular work it just does not measure
up.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to
examine the laws of heat.

	Christopher Morley