Question on creating a video server

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Sat Nov 8 10:52:55 PST 2008

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:40:26 -0800
"Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone done this with FreeBSD and open source
> software, and has recommendations on what hardware to get
> and what software works with it?

we found it awkward to do it on freebsd so used kubuntu.

we tried lifeview flyvideo 2000 tv card which worked fine with mythtv
and kdetv, but couldn't pick up the cable station we think due to our
location in canada.

for ripping we used perl's dvd::rip.

our harddrive can't hold too many shows so we just use the dvd player
on the computer now to play them.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's