(no subject)

SAM HAYNES pathfinder07 at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:05:10 PST 2008

Greetings, O Learned Ones
from:  Sam Haynes, Pathfinders 2008

I haven't the foggiest as to how you came to be in my favorites list,
other than that I probably tagged you in an ongoing search for both or
either something to replace Win XP  and or build my own personal server.

I have been usining XP for several years now.  Recently, I tried to
install XP from my OEM cd and was notified by Gates and Company that XP
would no longer be supported. Bummer! So what else is new?  Time to part
company with Bill? Vista was tha final straw.

I need something that will replace XP in all the essentials but without
a useless bag full of coverups for poor performance..

Debian was the first encouraging encounter. It was recommended as a
cheap entry into the personal server concept, using a two to three year
old PC chassis. Sounded good but I could never figure out just how to
download it.

So, FreeBSD appears in my fave list and server appears in the same
paragraph as operating system.  Here is my plan.

I am 76, a retired Master Electrician, PC builder since '87, have a wife
of 40 plus years, debilitating medical problems and a strong belief that
I can milk a living out of internet affiliate marketing despite the
current economic crisis.

My current model is to generate a basic website, use my existing isp to
promote two consistent converting products, bootstrap the proceeds from
that into building my own dedicated server to market 'how-to' products
over a hundred or more websites.

All using ready to serve apps and a WYSIWYG HTML  generator.

I appreciate your time reading this over long monologue... I'd
appreciate it even more if you could take some time to throw some
suggestions back at me..

Thanks,

Sam I Am, PATHFINDERS 2008