Unable to mount / in read - write mode

Popof Popof popof.fpn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 05:50:08 PST 2008

I can't install FreeBSD 7 from scratch because this is a laptop and the CD
drive is dead.
Also as this is a laptop I don't have any floopy drive.
I have found this thread talking about the same problem:

But the /rescue/mount command didn't help me.

Does fstab file for a FreeBSD 6.0 and 7.0 are different ? I think yes
because before upgrading there were no problem to boot.

I also tried to use the mount command in order to get my drive in write mode
but it's failed.
Is there something to do in order to mount it correctly just one time in
order to modify my fstab file ?