Question: the stable edition of Freebsd

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Mon Nov 3 06:55:34 PST 2008

>Dear Support:
>
>I'm a newcomer and want to install FreeBSD for study. Could you pls let me
>know which the stable edition of FreeBSD now?
>
>And let me know how to subscribe the Q&A list that I prefer.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>BR
>Alex

The latest stable version is a release like 7.0 or 6.3
Both are at the final stages of being replaced by 7.1 and 6.4

You subscribe to the mailing list by going to the following URL:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

Select the list and on that page you'll see Subscribing to freebsd-(listname)

Fill in your e-mailadres and follow the instructions

Regards,
Johan Hendriks