FreeBSD on Eeepc 1000h

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Nov 2 06:34:11 PST 2008

El día Sunday, November 02, 2008 a las 01:56:27PM +0100, Sven Aluoor escribió:

> Hi Matthias
>
> Thanks for the wikipage. I quote from there:
>
> Atheros L1 FastEthernet
> This one is second generation of L1 controller which is supposed to be
> heavily modified by Atheros after acquiring Attansic. This controller
> uses different bits/meaning in register layouts and seems to use
> different descriptor formats. This is not supported by the age(4)
> driver.
>
> In clear text: at the moment there is no driver available? Is this
> correct?

I don't know if this is the last information. I have an eeePC 900 and not
the 1000. Write to the autors of the page, maybe they know if someone is
already working on it. In any case you could install from an USB key as
described here http://www.unixarea.de/installEeePC.txt
and Wifi will work, I think.

HIH

	matthias