Funny slogans to put on tshirts

en0f en0f at bokey.mine.nu
Sat Nov 1 05:04:47 PDT 2008

Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 08:44:57PM +1030, en0f wrote:
>> Redd Vinylene wrote:
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> It's my friend's birthday tomorrow. I was thinking I'd make him a
>>> tshirt with some funny slogan on it or something. Preferably something
>>> UNIX related. But I'm all outta ideas. Perhaps y'all can help?
>>> Alright, much obliged, thanks.
>>>
>> * hold it right there buddy.
>> + <silent>
>>
>> * that scruffy beard... those suspenders... that smug expression...
>> + <silent>
>>
>> * you're one of those condescending unix computer users!
>> + here's a nickel, kid. get yourself a better computer.
>
> Isn't that the script of a Dilbert strip?

Yeah. Its also the cover of APUE by Stevens & Rago if you're curious. However, AFAIK the actual credit goes to S. Adams.

> Maybe, for shirt purposes, just distill that down to its essence:
>
> "Here's a nickel, kid.  Get yourself a better computer."

Yeah that was my thought as well. :P)

> It could also be modified a bit:
>
> "Here's a nickel, kid.  Blank CDs are cheap.  Get yourself a better
> operating system."

LMAO. This ones nice as well.

> "Power corrupts.  The command line corrupts absolutely."
>
> . . . or, altneratively:
>
> "Power corrupts.  Unix corrupts absolutely."

Both are nice. Cracked me up. Heres another one by Scott -

"If you have trouble sounding condescending,
find a Unix user to show you how it's done."
-Scott Adams

--
	en0f