Stumped:: web HTML. Caution, may be OT.

Kent kstewart at owt.com
Fri May 30 21:22:07 UTC 2008

On Friday 30 May 2008 12:04:16 pm Gary Kline wrote:
> [...]

I hate the over use of flash and etc. I sometimes think that is similar to
putting a pdf file on a website instead of using txt. It bypasses some of the
quirks and you see what they want you to see.

> 	This is not the kind of page i'M aiming for.   --But then, I
> 	really don't know what/how I want to revise my www homepage.

I use Adobe's GoLive but they killed it for Dreamweaver. If it had been a
modest upgrade price, I would have upgraded but I didn't.

> 	The reason for the strange display was a bad comment.  So at
> 	least I've learned something!   Now www looks fine from ffox,
> 	opera, and Konq. I've forbidden my tweenager from using IE so
> 	have to wait for wife.  Or see if friends reply who use IE.

I have IE 7, Firefox, Seamonkey, and Safari on my main XP machine. I can't see
any obvious difference. I also can't see any obvious difference between
Firefox and Konqueror on FreeBSD and the XP browsers.

FWIW, IE seems to complain on many of the sites I visit. It has a little
comment on the status bar to the effect of completed but with errors. I
didn't see it on your site.

Kent