Stumped:: web HTML. Caution, may be OT.

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:14:28 UTC 2008

On 5/29/08, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> 	Several weeks ago a friend asked why my www.thought.org page
> 	was so hard to read.  She said that part of my text was black
[...]
> 	I'd be much obliged for any help here.

Konqueror says that the comment that reads

<!-- click on Graphic to goto jottings.thought.org --!>

isn't closed until the end of the next comment way down the page, so
it is ignoring all the code in between. I think that's your problem
(there is a typo in the close of the comment). In other words,
Konqueror seems to be displaying the page correctly. The other
browsers are probably (incorrectly) treating end-of-line as
end-of-comment.

When you "View Document Source" in Konqueror, it highlights the markup
to make it easier to spot such problems, and comments stand out pretty
distinctly. In fact, it appears there are a few other places with that
same typo (closing a comment with "--!>").

- Bob