Stumped:: web HTML. Caution, may be OT.

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:38:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt
<tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> Don't bother, Gary.
>
>  The world is moving towards CMS systems for hosting websites.
>
>  The ultra-cheapo people use godaddy's site builder and
> put crap on a crappy-looking interface.
>
>  The better hosting companies each have their own site builders
> and look better, and are populated by acres of garden-variety corporate
> and the occassional personal sites.
>
>  Very, very few people custom-write sites in HTML anymore.
> Most people use sitebuilding software (frontpage was the original,
> it's deprecated now in favor of other newer tools) either running
> on their PC or on the server.
>
>  black text on blue is terribly hard to read for most people,
> read up on how the human eye works to understand why.
>
>  Put your time into loading a CMS system on your server then
> create your site in it.  Yes the learning curve is steep in
> the beginning but it's not rote memorization of HTML tags.  It
> is understanding how all the things work together.
>
> Ted

Let be the first of many to say, please do not top post.
In a recent interview it was revealed that the New York Times does a
lot of by hand html writing because it just gets you better html.
Konq uses more or less the same rendering engine as Safari.

http://iamvoodoochile.redgrapellc.com/uploaded_images/1985-741912.jpg
-- break down of modern webdesign

--
The Mafia way is that we pursue larger goals under the guise of
personal relationships.