Mysql 5 installation problem

Mohammad Khashashneh mohammad.rasmi at gmail.com
Tue May 27 02:23:46 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm having a problem with port dependencies. I want to install mysql 5
so I used the available port in
/usr/ports/databases/mysql50-client

However I get the following message upon installation:

# make install
===>  Installing for mysql-client-5.0.18_1

===>  mysql-client-5.0.18_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      mysql-client-4.1.18_1

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

# pkg_delete mysql-client-4.1.18_1
pkg_delete: package 'mysql-client-4.1.18_1' is required by these other
packages
and may not be deinstalled:
kde-3.5.1
koffice-1.4.2_3,1
php5-mysql-5.1.2_1

Is there a way around this? I hope I don't have to remove kde3 and
koffice because I'm sure this will not be the end of it.

Mohammad Khashashneh