Bind DNS

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Fri May 23 12:33:29 UTC 2008

> Is it possible in BIND DNS to block images in a certain sites? like for
> example the popular friends site ( friendster),
> i want to block most images in that site so that client will be irritated
> that their images don't load perfectly. but s till
> they can visit their site?
>
> Any idea guys?

DNS is a name to address resolution protocol. It has no knowledge of web
content.

What you are after is some sort of web content filter.

For home use, I use Squid and DansGuardian (both in ports).

Still though, it's very difficult to block only *certain* images, and
not others from a particular site.

Regards,

Steve