Problem Sending Mail With Postfix

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue May 20 19:55:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008 12:59:08 -0400
"Tandon, Sahil \(IM\)" <Sahil.Tandon at morganstanley.com> wrote:

> cswiger at mac.com:
>
> > Because of the way "mx1.free.bsd.org" was used (indicating
> > that someone is trying to describe an error rather than
> > actually copy it verbatim), I gathered that
> > "my.mywebsite.com" was redacted along the lines of
> > "host.example.com", rather than the actual hostname in question....
>
> My thoughts exactly.  I am almost certain he is just trying to hide
> the actual hostname.

The constant mangling of information is definitely making it much
harder to diagnose his problem. He would probably be better of posting
the unedited output of: 'postconf -n' along with any pertinent log
entries, error messages, etc. He probably should just move the entire
thread to the Postfix forum anyway. They are really more adept at
handling this since it does, at least partially, pertain to Postfix.

--
“Gerard”
gerard at seibercom.net

Mandrell: "You know what I think?"
Doctor:   "Ah, ah that's a catch question. With a brain your size you
	  don't think, right?"

		Dr. Who