Now what would you expect this to print out?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue May 20 03:17:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:40:46 +0200, Jonathan McKeown <jonathan at hst.org.za> wrote:
> I forget where I saw this quote first, but the last five words always
> make me think of the find command:
>
>     Real Programmers consider "what you see is what you get" to be just as
>     bad a concept in Text Editors as it is in women. No, the Real Programmer
>     wants a "you asked for it, you got it" text editor - complicated, cryptic,
>     powerful, unforgiving, dangerous.

The page at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html suggests
that this quote is from ``A letter to the editor of Datamation, volume
29 number 7, July 1983.''  The author of that page writes ``I've long
ago lost my dog-eared photocopy, but I believe this was written (and is
copyright) by Ed Post, Tektronix, Wilsonville OR USA,'' so it may be a
bit tricky to verify the claim.