Stop building all those kernel modules

Luke Dean LukeD at pobox.com
Sun May 18 01:32:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Luke Dean wrote:

> In previous versions, I could modify GENERIC by just commenting out all the
> devices and options that I wasn't interested in, and buildkernel
> KERNCONF=myconf would happily ignore all the things I wasn't interested in.
>
> This no longer works.  Now everything gets built, even things that are
> broken/incompatible with other options I've chosen.

Ah, I was confused.  It built all of the modules in the past as well.  It
just wasn't a problem before because everything built correctly.
Today it appears to be bombing while compiling the "zyd" device, which
wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't at the end of the alphabet...

I'm going to clean up and start over from the beginning.  If it happens
again and I can't figure it out, I'll post my kernel configuration and the
error message.