measure traffic caused by pppd (UMTS)

Toni Schmidbauer toni at stderror.at
Sat May 17 23:26:15 UTC 2008

At Fri, 2 May 2008 11:46:46 +0200,
Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Sometimes when I travel around and can't see any usable WLAN I'm using
> the UMTS and PPPD, which works well but of course one must pay for this;

mb=`netstat -ib|awk '/tun0.*Link/ {mb=($6+$9)/1024^2; printf "%.2f",mb}'`
date=`date "+%s`
echo "MB Transfered: $mb"
echo "$date $mb" >> ~/tmp/grps_kosten.txt

works for me. i'm using the above code snipped after shutting down
pppd.

hth
toni
--
If you understand what you're doing, you're | toni at stderror dot at
not learning anything.                      | Toni Schmidbauer